Monday, June 14, 2010

Here's another tasty recipe ...

So, I decided to modify yet another "Mrs. Fields" cookie for the love of my oatmeal-raisin loving husband. 

Oatmeal Raisin Chews

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

First, combine in medium bowl:
2 1/4 C Flour (all-purpose or whole wheat pastry; I use gluten-free)
1/2 T Baking Soda
1/2 t Salt
1 t Cinnamon
1 1/2 C  Whole-grain oats (quick or old fashioned, but do NOT use instant)
1 1/2 C  Raisins (8 oz)
1/2 C  Walnuts (3 oz); chopped (optional)
 
Then, cream together in large bowl:
1/2 C  Dark brown sugar (I use coconut palm sugar)
1/2 C  Sugar (I use Xyletol)
1/2 C  Butter; softened
 
Add and mix on high about 30 seconds:
1/2 C Honey
1/2 C unsweetened applesauce (or 2 4 oz jars strained baby carrots or squash) 
1 t Vanilla extract
2 lg Eggs
 
Add dry ingredients and mix on low just until fully moistened, scraping sides as necessary.
Note: you may want to chill the dough about 30 mins or until more mangeable--it's stickier and runnier than traditional dough.
Place in rounded tablespoons on lightly oiled cookie sheet.  Bake about 17-18 mins; remove immediately to wire racks to cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate your interest and look forward to reading your comment.