Friday, April 2, 2010

Breathe deeply ...

Hava.
Life.
Breath.
Eve.

... this is the name of the first woman. The first wife, the first mother ... yes, even the first daughter; although, unlike the rest of us, her Father was not flawed. You might say she had an advantage on the rest of us. Even so, she blew it. She lived the very existence we all crave so dearly: perfection. Perfect environment, perfect Parent, and even perhaps perfect spouse (or as close to perfect as human can get). Perfect love ... even so, she was hungry for more. She sought it, aimed for for it, and missed the mark. Quite literally, she sinned.

... kinda makes you feel better, doesn't it?

I've been thinking about starting a blog for years, but it took a friend sticking her neck out and beating me to it to motivate me. However, this blog is neither subject-specific nor completely general. This is about ... life.

Nothing could prepare me fully for this adventure called life. Marriage. Motherhood. Growth. The things my own mother tried to communicate to me, only to have well over half of her efforts fall on deaf ears. Oh, the things only experience can teach.

So, for those of you trying to live on a budget, or live green (or both) ... for those of you with children labeled "special needs," ... for those juggling family and ministry ... perhaps we can walk together for a while. I only ask that you be patient with my posts as I don't have as much time to write as I'd like. Like you, I'm simply learning to breathe deeply.

"How goes the world?"
"The world goes not well, but the Kingdom comes!"
-David and Karen Mains, The Tales of the Kingdom

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I appreciate your interest and look forward to reading your comment.